03.Jun.2010 Public Art Alert: Public Art Party
What: Public Art Party
When: Saturday, June 5, 12–6pm
Where: Beverly Gardens Park, The Paley Center for Media, Gagosian, Beverly Hills Public Library, TASCHEN, Porta Via, Sprinkles and along Cañon Drive. Pick up a map that will serve as your guide to the day at any of these featured locations or download a printer-friendly version here.
Engage: Follow Public Art Alert on twitter: Twitter.com/PublicArtAlert
ForYourArt presents Public Art Party, a day-long celebration of art featuring special events, food, dance and music performances, artist and curator-lead tours, hands on activities for kids and teens, and special prizes. Throughout the day ForYourArt, The Beverly Hills Fine Art Commission and James Cohan Gallery welcome Roxy Paine’s Erratic, the newest addition to the public art collection in Beverly Hills.
• Activities for kids and teens including Kusama-inspired face painting, Paine-inspired crafts in the Side Street Projects Woodworking Bus and
• Performances by bodycity and the UCLA Brazilian Music Ensemble
• Self-guided SMS enabled tours of the Beverly Hills Public Art
Collection including Yayoi Kusama’s Hymn of Life: Tulips and Roxy Paine’s Erratic
• Exhibitions and screenings at The Paley Center for Media
• Talks and tours with renowned artist Nancy Rubins and art historian
• Lunch, snack and happy hour specials from local restaurants
including Public Art Party cupcakes from Sprinkles, box lunches
from Porta Via and happy hour along Cañon Drive
• Book signing of Los Angeles: Portrait of a City with Jim Heimann
• Special prizes including museum memberships, signed catalogues,
and art experiences
• Photo exhibition along Cañon Drive designed by architect John Umbanhowar
For an up-to-date schedule, visit www.publicartparty.com.
Credits: Organized by ForYourArt and produced in association with the City of Beverly Hills Fine Art Commission, Beverly Hills Public Library, bodycity, Cañon Drive Association, Figment, Gagosian, The Paley Center for Media, Porta Via, Sprinkles, Side Street Projects and TASCHEN.
Public Art Alert is a free service to raise awareness about public art projects taking place all over the world – with an eye towards Southern California. We can all be ambassadors of art. We encourage you to share this information with your friends.